This Business Plan Workshop Series is intensive. It is designed to help the small business owner not feel overwhelmed with ‘too much, too fast’ and to allow them to develop their comprehensive business plan over a couple of weeks with the help of One Small Step Business Coaching by Lanna Hill and Brooke Arnott, Founder of The Small Business Lounge.
This workshop is best designed for small business owners, aspiring entrepreneurs and start-up companies. A business plan is essential for your business as it conveys the organizational structure of your business, including titles of directors or officers and each employee’s role and individual duties. It will act as a management tool to help keep your business on course with meeting its projected targets, goals and milestones.
This workshop series will help you create a simple yet dynamic business plan which is vital if you are considering any external financing or would like a clear way to convey what your business does to external stakeholders.
Part 1 - May 11th 9:30AM - 12:30PM
Lanna Hill, Director of One Small Step Business Coaching will run you through her six key steps to putting together a simple but dynamic business plan. Whether you’re an established small business wanting to take your business to the next level, or a start-up right at the beginning of your journey, this workshop can’t be missed.
We will cover...
- Understanding the importance of creating a powerful vision and mission statement, and identifying your core business values
- Identifying your target market properly, and why this is so important in creating long-term relationships with your clients or customers as well as establishing strong and targeted sales and marketing messages
- Identifying your unique selling point or point of difference by conducting a market analysis and why this is so critical
- The importance of adding value to your customer experience and how this relates to your total offering
- Understanding the power of branding and why the story that sits behind it is so important
- How to create an action plan that is actually going to bring the strategy to life and get you, the business owner, where you want to go!
Lanna uses real-life business examples, interactive activities and plenty of time for questions to ensure all participants get the opportunity for personalized advice. The workshop offers an intimate learning environment as well as inspiration and feedback from other small business owners.
Part 2 - May 18th 9:30AM - 12:30PM
We start off part 2 of this workshop with the benefit of a follow up ‘check in’ session, where participants can work on their business plan between sessions and gain feedback from Lanna during the check-in. This helps keep you accountable to stick to your action plan and have deadlines with actions set by your business coach. The intake for this package is strictly limited to six participants, to make sure all participants have the opportunity to work through their plans in detail and complete their business plan.
Next, we dive into the ever so important financial side of running your business. Once you have defined your own business plan, Brooke Arnott, Managing Director at The Small Business Lounge, will take you through the financial side of your business model including:
- Establishing your startup costs
- Cash flow forecasting
- Create budgets for your business
- Explaining business benchmarks
Brooke has 8+ years owning and operating her own bookkeeping consultancy (she has helped a LOT of businesses and their financials) and currently works as an advisor to help her clients forecast and set actions to grow and ignite their business dreams to success. She specialises in maximising business efficiencies using relevant add-on solutions.